Ages 12 & under: Black body suit, black tights, black slip-on jazz shoes, hair pulled into a ponytail or bun-no bangs. Black booty shorts/spanks or leggings optional for ages 9-12.
Ages 13 & up: Black body suit or fitted tank top/t-shirt, tights/tights with shorts/leggings/capris, black slip-on jazz shoes, hair pulled into a ponytail or bun-no bangs.
Boys: Plain white fitted t-shirt, boy’s yoga pants or basketball shorts, black slip-on jazz shoes.
BALLET / LITTLE BALLERINAS
Girls: Body suit, pink ballet tights, pink ballet slippers, hair pulled into a bun-no bangs. Skirt optional for ages 8 & under
Boys: Plain white fitted t-shirt, boy’s yoga pants or basketball shorts, black ballet slippers.
TAP / BOP N’ TAP
Ages 8 & under: Black body suit, black tights, black tap shoes, hair pulled into a ponytail or bun-no bangs.
Ages 9 & up: Black body suit or fitted tank top/t-shirt, tights/tights with shorts/leggings/capris, black slip-on jazz shoes, hair pulled into a ponytail or bun-no bangs.
Boys: Plain white fitted t-shirt, boy’s yoga pants or basketball shorts, black tap shoes.
Girls: Fitted tank top or t-shirt, leggings or athletic pants/sweatpants, sock feet, hair pulled into a ponytail or bun-no bangs. Bring a sweater for floor work.
Boys: Plain t-shirt, athletic pants or sweatpants, sock feet. Bring a sweater for floor work.
HIP HOP / HOP N’ BOP / BREAKDANCE
Loose, comfortable clothing (no jeans), non-marking indoor shoes.
STAGE COMBAT / MUSICAL THEATRE
Loose, comfortable clothing (no jeans), non-marking, indoor shoes.
*All of the above can be ordered during our studio dance wear sale or can be purchased at Harlequin (375 Hargrave Street).
REMEMBER TO BRING A WATER BOTTLE!
CODE OF CONDUCT (Parents)
1. Students and parents/guardians must conduct themselves in a manner that does not interfere with other people’s use and enjoyment of BOSS Dance Academy’s facilities (ex. harassment, aggression, bullying). If these actions persist, BOSS Dance Academy shall have the right to take any action it deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, dismissing the student/parent from the Academy.
2. Parents with small children should supervise their child in the waiting area until the time that the class starts, even if the teacher is already in the studio. It is the responsibility of the parent to supervise their children in the lobbies during class time to ensure lobby volume is at a respectful level. For students age five and under, a parent is required to wait in the lobby for the duration of the class.
3. Please respect the facility. Any garbage or food messes are expected to be cleaned up by the student or parent, not BOSS Dance Academy staff. Outdoor shoes are allowed in our lobbies unless shoes are abnormally dirty. If so, please remove them and place them in the provided cubbies.
4. Parents/Guardians will inform BOSS Dance Academy faculty of any extended vacations or absences during the dance season.
5. Video and/or photos of students may be used by the studio for promotional materials.
CODE OF CONDUCT (Students)
1. All students should be respectful of the studio, others belongings, other students, and dance classes that are in progress. It is our desire to create a positive and safe environment for the students to grow. Unruly and disrespectful behaviour that is distracting to the learning of others is unacceptable.
2. BOSS Dance Academy believes that dancing should not be forced. If it is the student’s idea to dance, then a life-long love and respect for the art is meant to be developed. Therefore, if a student is disrespectful of the class or the teacher, or refuses to participate adequately, they will be asked to sit down until they decide they are ready.
3. Any misconduct situations will be given two warnings and then brought to the attention of the parents.
4. Recital is an integral part of the dance experience. All students are expected to participate in the year-end recital, as it is a vital part of the entire dance program and season.
5. Absentees and those always late may lose opportunity in performance/recital involvement. Preference is given to those who show commitment/respect to the class/students.
6. No outdoor shoes - only proper dance footwear is permitted in the studio.
WITHDRAWALS & REFUNDS
28 Week Session: If within three weeks of class start, participant decides to withdraw, all fees will be refunded less a $50 admin fee and post dated cheques destroyed. After the first three weeks of class start, pro-rated refunds will be processed with a medical note or because of relocation ONLY.
Six and Eight Week Sessions: If within one week of class start, participant decides to withdraw, all fees will be refunded less a $25 admin fee. After the first week of class start, pro-rated refunds will be processed with a medical note or because of relocation ONLY.
1. All monies will be refunded if a class is cancelled due to low registration, or transferred to another class of choosing.
2. Any cancellation or withdrawal from a class must be made by emailing the studio at email@example.com with the following information: name of student, class from which the student is withdrawing, and the reason for the cancellation. The cancellation will be in effect from the date the email was received. Verbal notices will not be accepted.
FEES & CHARGES
1. A $25 charge will be applied to all NSF cheques.
2. Competition fees are non-refundable.
3. All outstanding accounts MUST be paid in full prior to the end of the session. Outstanding balances will result in a late fee of $25 per month.
4. In the case of payment plans for our 28 week session, payment dates are as follows:
- Payment 1 - day of registration
- Payment 2 - December 1st
- Payment 3 - March 1st
COSTUMES (28 Week Session Only)
1. At registration, an $80.00 initial costume deposit will be collected. The costume deposit is applicable PER CLASS. This applies to all regular 28 week classes. The costume will become property of the student after the year-end recital.
2. The total price of a costume is determined by a variety of factors. Our experienced costume coordinators along with the dance instructors make every attempt to keep the costumes reasonably priced. If the total cost of costume exceeds the initial $80.00, the difference will be forwarded onto the parent.
1. BOSS Dance Academy uses fundraising to help keep registration costs down. The studio's optional fundraising opportunities are decided on by our parent council. These fundraisers give the seller the option of raising funds to be applied to their online BOSS account.
VOLUNTEERING (28 Week Session Only)
1. BOSS Dance Academy is a community-focused company and relies on volunteers to help keep program costs down and provide experiences over and beyond dance programming. A volunteer waiver is collected at registration: $25.00-single participant or $50-2 or more participants. If a parent volunteers three hours during the season, this waiver is not cashed.
2. The option to pay out this waiver and not participate is available.
3. There are lots of volunteer opportunities throughout the season. Emails will be sent requesting volunteers. It is the parent’s responsibility to book a slot.
CLASS CANCELLATIONS (Acts of God, Winter Storm Days, Instructor Illness or Absence)
The schedule is subject to change. BOSS Dance Academy has the right to cancel a class if it has insufficient enrolment. Participants will receive a full refund or have the option to transfer to another class of choosing.
Acts of God - All classes forced to be cancelled or any session forced to end early due to an ‘Act of God/Act of Government’ or circumstance beyond our control (excluding winter storm days), will not be refunded or made up.
Winter Storm Days - BOSS Dance Academy takes into consideration two cancellations when planning our 28 week class schedule. If there are more than two weather cancellations, makeups will be arranged in accordance to fulfill the 28 week season.
If Hanover School Division cancels school due to bad weather, dance classes will also be cancelled. Parents and students will receive a reminder email but NO PHONE CALL.
If schools are not cancelled in the morning, and harsh weather conditions are forecast, BOSS Dance Academy management and staff will make a decision whether or not to cancel classes for the safety of students and teachers.
Instructor Illness or Absence - In the case of an instructor illness or absence, BOSS Dance Academy will attempt to provide a substitute instructor. If one cannot be arranged, a make-up class will be scheduled in accordance to fulfill the 28 week season.
If classes are cancelled due to instructor absence or bad weather, cancellation will be posted via Instagram, Facebook, and email by 2:00pm.